JOB SUMMARY: Emergency Medical Technician for Event Medical Services. Assess patient condition, develop plan of care, render treatment, and determine a plan for release or transport. This is contract work on an "as needed" basis. EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS: EMT's to be hired would be required to start at a large event on October 27-28 and available to work day and night shifts.
About MedStar - Event Medical Services
MedStar Solutions is an Event Medical Services provider for youth sports, sporting events, marathons, concerts, festivals, private parties, and other events where medical staff may be needed.
What You'll Love About Us
- Flexible Hours. You bid for the events you prefer to work
- Exciting changes in types of venues, locations, clients, and activities
- Our excellent team of medical providers. We are pleased to be a great team of dedicated caregivers who come together to share our skills, experience, and dedication
- Educational opportunities. We provide our EMT's training to utilize an expanded scope of practice and training in sports and event medicine. All courses will include CE Units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide proactive care and be prepared to help others at all times while on assignment.
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols prior to and during transport.
- Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required.
- Conducts regular unit inventory and equipment testing to ensure all equipment for which the EMT-Basic is responsible is present, clean and in proper working order.
- Responsible for full knowledge of all basic life support equipment and its proper use at all times.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for controlling the patient’s surroundings in such a way as to minimize further danger and control the actions of bystanders.
- Follows all FCC regulations when communicating via electronic communications equipment.
- Attends all mandatory meetings as scheduled.
- Assists with the set-up and break down of medical locations/tent/facility
- Communicates supplies and equipment used or restock basic items to appropriate stock levels.
- Completes all required company reports and logs, either by electronic devices or on paper as necessary.
- Help train employees as needed following the required training protocol and complete any necessary training documentation.
- Must meet and fulfill the qualifications, requirements, functions, and responsibilities of the Emergency Medical Technician – Basic job descriptions, local, state, and National Registry Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These duties, responsibilities, requirements, and conditions are not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties, responsibilities, requirements, and conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMAND OF JOB
Lifting or carrying of patients and equipment, climbing stairs or steps, working in unusual geographic settings such as ditches, hills, embankments, high elevations – natural or manmade; working with small, delicate items such as oxygen tubing, bandaging materials, IV setups when assisting advanced partners, medications, etc. visually assessing the safety and condition of the emergency scene and the patient, verbally communicating with patients, co-workers, medical personnel and the public either directly or indirectly via electronic communication equipment, driving the ambulance in emergency and non-emergency situations.
Specific situations that lead to environmental conditions can include: extreme heat or cold, hazardous materials, electrical emergencies, outdoor emergency settings, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other unusual or unexpected conditions.
NOISE LEVELS ASSOCIATED WITH JOB
Moderate Noise (Examples: business office with typewriters and/or computer printers, light traffic).
Loud Noise (Examples: metal can manufacturing, large earth-moving equipment).
Very Loud Noise (Examples: Loud crowds and music as found at rock concerts).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-year experience in a 911/EMS system or Emergency Technician in a Hospital Trauma Center.
- National and/or State certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic determined by appropriate state requirements.
- Current CPR certification as established by the American Heart Association.
- Current and valid state-issued driver’s license determined by the appropriate state. Must be able to read, write and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers. Must possess the ability to write simple correspondence or reports. Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and/or managers.
- Must be knowledgeable of company protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies.
- Must be able to drive large vehicles in normal and adverse conditions.
- Achieve accomplishment of all task details, no matter how small.
- Maintain good personal motivation; develop a sense of ownership of job tasks and results.
- Must have a sense of urgency for all work performed.
- Must maintain professionalism and respect with patients, co-workers, emergency service providers, healthcare workers, and the general public.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MedStar Solutions, LLC and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BACKGROUND CHECK AND VERIFICATION PROCESS
Due to the nature of our business all candidates that receive and accept employment offers will be subject to a background check, including but not limited to, employment verification, reference checks, e-verify, local and national certification verification, and national sex offender registry.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.